Telehealth / Remote Physiotherapy Consultations
The health and safety of our patients at Rachel Disley Physiotherapy is paramount. Therefore, following government guidelines, all initial physiotherapy consultations are taking place via remote video consultation rather than the usual face to face physiotherapy in clinic. Video consultations are run by Zoom/Skype/Whats App depending on the patient preference.
From June 22nd, the clinic is open for face 2 face physiotherapy consultations along side ongoing virtual physiotherapy consultations. However, all patients will be triaged in their video consultations to ensure that they meet the criteria for face to face treatment if it is their preference (CSP Covid 19 Guidelines, June 4th).
Client’s reviews of video consultations include:
” I found the virtual consultation easy and accessible and the exercises provided were really helpful and easy to follow (the exercises were also emailed as a report with helpful explanations and visual aids on how to do the exercises). I would definitely recommend.” Manon J June 2020
“following our conversation this morning I have renewed heart and feel more confident to be active again” Sarah F April 2020
” to have physiotherapy treatment in my own home and practice the activities with Rachel’s feedback was a great help during lockdown” Jenny P May 2020
How are we ensuring that our Penarth physiotherapy practice, South Wales is safe for face to face consultations during the Covid 19 pandemic?
Best practice Covid 19 screening and infection control planning will be ensured for all face to face orthopaedic physiotherapy, sports injuries physiotherapy and women’s health physiotherapy at Rachel Disley Physiotherapy, Penarth. According to current COVID-19 information and advice, we are taking the following measures to protect all those visiting the clinic:
- Screening all patients at the point of booking in line with government guidelines
- Screening all patients, staff and visitors upon arrival into the clinic
- Providing all visitors access to alcohol-based hand sanitizer and face masks upon entry
- Increasing the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning around the building in accordance with current PHE guidelines.
- Using full personal protective equipment (PPE) for each Face to Face consultation
- Reminding all visitors of the importance of personal hygiene especially regular and thorough handwashing/santisation